The understanding of the following information will facilitate the BA 1st semester applicant
to fill up the online Admission Form
B.A. HONOURS COURSE
- Students opting Honours in English (known as Core Course) must opt either Bodo/ Assamese Communication subject as AECC-I (Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course).
- Students opting Honours in the subjects other than English must opt English Communication subject as AECC-I.
- In addition to Honours and AECC-I subject every Honours student must choose one more elective subject known as GE-I (Generic Elective).
B.A. REGULAR COURSE
- Students of Regular Course (not opting Honours Course) have to study English – I (compulsory), AECC-I (Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course) and two elective subjects known as DSC-I and DSC-II (DSC means Discipline Specific Core Course).
- Students of Regular Course are not allowed to opt more than one Language subject as DSC.
- Students opting Regular Course in English or opting English as DSC-I must opt either Bodo/Assamese Communication subject as AECC-I and vice versa.
POOL OF SUBJECTS
|1.||Honours Subjects GE-I|
|2.||Assamese : Economics/Education/History/Philosophy/Political Science|
|3.||Bodo : Economics/Education/History/Philosophy|
|4.||Economics : Assamese/Bodo/Education/History/Philosophy/Political Science|
|5.||Education : Assamese/Bodo/Economics/History|
|6.||English : Economics/History/Philosophy/Political Science|
|7.||History : Assamese/Bodo/Economics/Education/Philosophy/Political Science|
|8.||Philosophy : Assamese/Bodo/Economics/Education/Political Science.|
|9.||Political Science : Economics/Education/History/Philosophy|
|N.B.- Every Honours or Regular Course student must choose their respective Honours subject, GE-I subject,DSC-I subject and DSC-II subjects from the pool of subjects.|