Dr. Sankhang Basumatary is an Assiatant Professor in the department of Economics, at Salbari College, Salbari. He completed his M.A. in in Economics from University of Pune in 2006. He has been serving as Asstt. Prof. in the department of Economics since 2009. He did his M.Phil. in 2009 from Vinayaka Missions University,Tamilnadu on the topic: ‘Socio-economic Condition of L.P. School Teachers’ in Baksa District Assam: A Study’. And he has also been awarded the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from Bodoland University, Kokrajhar in 2020for his research work on: ‘Consumption Expenditure Pattern among the Bodos: A Study of Baksa District, Assam.’
Dr. Basumatary has presented papers in many national and international seminars and published papers in many reputed peer reviewed journals. Besides, he is very much interested in the politics of Assam and India. He has also a very keen interest on regional politics and thus framing strategies for regional development.
Some of the Courses/ Programmes/Workshops/Seminars/Webinars Attended
- Participated in UGC sponsored 4thOrientation Programme held from 01-13-2016 to 28-03-2016in Burdwan University, West Bengal.
- Participated in the National Level Seven Days Workshop on Data Analysis through SPSS held in Bodofa U.N. Brahma College, Sponsored by IQAC, BodofaU.N.Brahma College, Dotma from 13-10-2014 to 19-10-2014.
- Participated in Refresher Course under the UGC-HRDC Ranchi University held from 07-01-2019 to 27-01-2019
- Presented paper in UGC sponsored National Seminar on theme: Alcohol and Drug Abuse: Issues and Challenges of Contemporary Societies of North East India. With the title of the paper-Consumption and Poverty among the Bodo: Astudy.
- Presented paper in ICSSR sponsored International Seminaron Women Empowerment: Issues and Challenges” 4th, 5th and 6th Feb. 2015 at Gossaigaon College. Title of the Paper presented:Socio-Economic Empowerment of Women among the Bodo Tribe: A case Study of Baksa District of Assam.
Some of the paper Publications
- Published paper in Research Journal of Interdisciplinary &Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol-1, Issue-5, 2015, ISSN No-2394-7950 with the title of the paper: An Analysis of Consumption Expenditure Pattern among the Bodo Tribe: A Case Study.
- Published paper in International Research Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol-7, Issue-4, 2020.Title of the paper:Importance of Lesson Planning for successful Teaching in Higher Education
- Paper published in International Journal of Physical and Social sciences (IJPSS), Vol.5, Issue-11, 2015. Title of the paper:A Study of Socio-Economic Characteristics and Pattern of Consumption Expenditure in Jalah Revenue Circle of Baksa District of Assam.
- Paper published in Resource, 2319-7005, 2016. Title of the paper: Interstate Disparities in Consumption Expenditure Pattern in India with special reference to Assam: A study.
- Paper published in edited books: Alcohol and Drug Abuse: Issues and Challenges of Contemporary Societies of North East India, 2016. Title of the chapter-Consumption and Poverty among the Bodo: A study.
- Paper published in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol-6, Issue-2, 2019. Title of the paper: Household Consumption pattern and poverty: A Study.
- Paper published in JONER (Journal of North East Region, April-2018) 2321-0583). Title of the paper:Disparities in Consumption Expenditure on Food and Non-food items: An overview.
Dr. Basumatary is presently the Care Taker Officer (CTO) of NCC unit of Salbari College.